Chef TARA's corner of the internet

Friday, June 06, 2008

Natalie's Cut Out Cookies

I've long been a fan of sugar cookies, and I thought I had the best recipe in the world - until I tasted my friend Natalie's cookies, that is! We don't get to see each other very often anymore, since she now lives in Portland, but we're always up got a good cooking project when we do get together. She is in town this weekend, and we got together last night at my request. She had gone to a class in Portland to learn how to do the royal icing for sugar cookies, and I wanted to learn how to do it too. Here's what we came up with:



It was actually a lot easier than I thought. I don't think these are too bad for our first try! The trick is getting the icing the right consistency for the outside edges and then thinner to flow inside. Oh, and they tasted great too! I meant to use my lemon oil as flavoring but somehow ended up with orange. At any rate, they got rave reviews!

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Mom2BJM(Amy) said...

My sugar cookies are good, they just aren't as beautiful as yours are...

8/22/2008 2:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home