Chef TARA's corner of the internet

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Happy Birthday!


Two of my best friends have birthdays today. One of them lives in Oregon, but I'm blessed to have the other here and got to make a cake for the occasion! I had done some recipe testing a couple of weeks ago, but as it turns out, that idea didn't translate as well as I'd have liked to a full sized cake. Frankly, it just wasn't worthy of her! Not a problem, I went back to my old standby for the base and then got creative with the decorating.

It's a chocolate cake with chocolate mousse filling in the middle. From there, I covered it with caramel milk chocolate ganache and then decorated it with the caramel dark chocolate ganache stars. I was really pleased with how the ganache spread and piped both - it had the perfect consistency. I also had a chance to use one of my chocolate transfer sheets, with a musical theme - reflective of my friend.

Happy Birthday, girl! I hope you have a great year. Sure love you....

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Robin said...

uhm, that cake looks amazing. I don't think I would have been able to cut into it, it is just too beautiful! I am sure Carla was very pleased with the cake. You are a great friend!

8/29/2008 2:26 PM  
Blogger Chef Tess said...

As always I love it!! But it is Chocolate so what's new! You are amazing!!

11/24/2008 4:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home